Our major fundraiser of the year is our annual walleye tournament, which is held on Father’s Day weekend each year. The Walleye Tournament has evolved over the course of many years, and is now a joint tournament between the Otter Street Fishing Club and Battle on Bago. We have grown the tournament and are proud to say that as of 2014, it is the largest in the nation in number of boats attended, and our 2020 event earned us a Guinness Book of World Records!! Every angler that fishes the tournament pays a conservation fee that is added to their entry fee. Conservation is of utmost importance to our organization, so we are proud to champion the CRR format as we head into the 2021 tournament. CRR stands for Catch-Record-Release, which essentially means that when a fish gets caught, they are measured, recorded for the angler’s tournament weigh ins and released immediately….dramatically reducing the kill rate of the fish, while still providing a fun and competitive tournament. Our tournament weekend is always a wonderful family oriented event; hundreds gather each day to support their loved ones and watch as the standings and ranks come in, and this year with our new format there will be TV screens showing anglers in their boats, so you can see real-time how things are playing out. Please subscribe to our blog and follow us on Facebook for all of the details and deadlines!
The Tournament Application for our 2021 Otter Street/Battle on Bago Summer Edition Walleye Tournament is NOW AVAILABLE for download. The first acceptable postmark will be March 31st, 2021.
- New for 2021:
- Limited to the first 300 boats
- We’ve moved to a CRR (Catch-Record-Release) format
- Live video coverage of the fishing both days of the tournament, with cameras in the Top 10’s boats day 2
- Additional CRR resources and videos are forthcoming – follow us on Facebook for all current details
- For application specific questions, reach out to Tournament Directors Jim Erdman and Glenn Curran at the contact info listed in the application.
Previous Years’ OSFC/BOB Walleye Tournament Results:
- Check out the FINAL standings for this 2020’s historic Walleye Tournament. Congratulations to Joe Pausha and Eric Palmquist for securing the #1, $20,000 spot in the 2020 event. 30.61 # was the winning weight! Complete prize listing here.
- 2019 Otter Street BOB Walleye Tourney Final Results + 2019 OSFC BOB Walleye Final PRIZES
- 2018 Otter Street BOB Walleye Tournament – Final Results
- 2017 OSFC BOB Gun Raffle Winners
- 2017 OSFC BOB Walleye Tourney Final Results
Click to view a collection of photos from our 2018 Summer Walleye Tournament (courtesy of Casey Nelson)