Our major fundraising event of the year is our annual walleye tournament, which is held on Father’s Day weekend each year. The Walleye Tournament has evolved over the course of many years, and is now a joint tournament between the Otter Street Fishing Club and Battle on Bago. We have grown the tournament and are proud to say that as of 2014, it is the largest in the nation in number of boats attended, and our 2020 event earned us a Guinness Book of World Records!! Every angler that fishes the tournament pays a conservation fee that is added to their entry fee. Conservation is of utmost importance to our organization, so we are proud to champion the CRR format as we head into the 2021 tournament. CRR stands for Catch-Record-Release, which essentially means that when a fish gets caught, they are measured, recorded for the angler’s tournament weigh ins and released immediately….dramatically reducing the kill rate of the fish, while still providing a fun and competitive tournament. Our tournament weekend is always a wonderful family oriented event; hundreds gather each day to support their loved ones and watch as the standings and ranks come in, and this year with our new format there will be TV screens showing anglers in their boats, so you can see real-time how things are playing out. Subscribe to our blog and follow us on Facebook for all of the details and deadlines!
2021 Tournament Results:
Thank you so much to this year’s sponsors, volunteers, supporters and, of course, our anglers. The first year of Otter Street C-R-R was a success. Check out the final standings and prize listings here!!
The winners of our 2021 Otter Street-Battle on Bago Summer Walleye Tournament are: Casey Bohn and Jim Breister, with a total 2-day weight of 28.940 #. This duo also took home the Sunday “big fish,” reeling in a 7.63 # walleye. Congrats again guys!
Previous Years’ OSFC/BOB Walleye Tournament Results:
- Press Release from our 2020 Walleye Tournament featuring the first place team of Joe Pausha and Eric Palmquist, event sponsors, and more!
- Check out the FINAL standings for 2020’s historic Walleye Tournament. Congratulations to Joe Pausha and Eric Palmquist for securing the #1, $20,000 spot in the 2020 event. 30.61 # was the winning weight! Complete prize listing here.
- 2019 Otter Street BOB Walleye Tourney Final Results + 2019 OSFC BOB Walleye Final PRIZES
- 2018 Otter Street BOB Walleye Tournament – Final Results
- 2017 OSFC BOB Gun Raffle Winners
- 2017 OSFC BOB Walleye Tourney Final Results
Click to view a collection of photos from our 2018 Summer Walleye Tournament (courtesy of Casey Nelson)