JUNE 19TH – JUNE 20TH 2021
The Otter Street-Battle on Bago Walleye Tournament is right around the corner and will be here before we all know it. We filled this year in record time (about 3 weeks from opening date to full + wait list). Congratulations to all teams who will be participating in this year’s event – competing for their share of $125,000 in cash and prizes, with the 1st place team taking home $20K.
We’ve updated the tournament home page with angler resources for you to review. You can see high level overview below as well. Know that we will be amping up the resources in the coming weeks with video demonstrations on some of the key tenets of CRR. Be sure to follow us on Facebook to all up to date info.
- Important Angler Information + CRR resources:
- The official tournament rules for the 2021 tournament are located here.
- CRR Bump Board Aid for visual reference and instructions for use
- Angler Equipment Checklist
- Live video coverage of the fishing both days of the tournament, with cameras in the Top 10’s boats day 2 covered by Head2Head
- Additional CRR resources and videos are forthcoming – follow us on Facebook for all current details. View gallery below for the sample filled out scorecard.
- For general tournament questions, reach out to Tournament Directors Jim Erdman and Glenn Curran at the contact info listed in the application.
As always, thanks for your support of the Otter Street Fishing Club – be sure to join the club as an #OTTERSTREETMEMBER to help us extend our reach, and of course enjoy the perks of supporting your local fishing club.
Visual gallery of appropriate bump board use, along with an example of filled out scorecard: 🎣
Last night during our #OSFCMembersMeeting we held our annual elections and with that, I am excited to share with you this year’s Board of Directors and Officers!
Officers are up for re-election annually, with the Board of Directors holding 3-year terms. Congrats to all who were re-elected and shout out to new Board Members Chad Unmuth and Tyler Anderson.
The Tournament Application for our 2021 Otter Street/Battle on Bago Summer Edition Walleye Tournament is NOW AVAILABLE for download. The first acceptable postmark will be March 31st, 2021.
Check out the event page for additional details.
- New for 2021:
- Limited to the first 300 boats
- We’ve moved to a CRR (Catch-Record-Release) format
- Live video coverage of the fishing both days of the tournament, with cameras in the Top 10’s boats day 2
- Additional CRR resources and videos are forthcoming – follow us on Facebook for all current details
- For application specific questions, reach out to Tournament Directors Jim Erdman and Glenn Curran at the contact info listed in the application.
To help us to continue to support the conservation mission we have, please consider joining Otter Street as a Member. Online membership is available here.
A phenomenal year in the books this year, thank you so much to all anglers, volunteers, sponsors and supporters. There’s so much to be proud with this event (strategic collaboration with city officials to make it possible and safe to continue, our final year of the Catch and Release format, a Guinness World Record qualifying tournament, 40th anniversary of event, and so much more). We said this year was for the anglers, and we hope our appreciation for you all came through in the way of putting on an unforgettable and fun event. We could not do it without you or any of the other #OSFC – #BOB supporters!
Congrats are in order for all teams who qualified for prizes, especially our FIRST PLACE team – Joe Pausha and Eric Palmquist who earned themselves $20,000 and the bragging rights for one hell of an event! Their 2-day weight was 30.61 #.
THANK YOU – THANK YOU -THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this event possible. We appreciate your hard work, generosity and support more than you know!
Stay tuned for dedication award winners and event pictures – but as always, if you have memories you’d like to share, please just share to our Facebook page @OtterStreetFishingClub and tag us!
Happy Father’s Day to all of the dads out there; enjoy yourselves.